Dust Mite Test Kit by Aclotest;
our affordable, easy-to-use at home test kit.
While it might be disturbing to think about it, you may be shocked to learn how many dust mites are living in your mattress and under your bed.
But help is on the way. We offer the Aclotest Dust Mite Detection Kit to help you determine if you have a dust mite problem and Ecology Works Dust Mite & Flea Control products to remove the mites if they are present. Re-testing lets you know that your dust mite prevention measures are working.
The Aclotest an inexpensive single use kit that quickly and accurately determines the level of house dust mite infestation in your home. The Aclotest Dust Mite Detection Kit contains no hazardous chemicals, it's easy to use, and presents the results in an easy to read format.
Microscopic dust mites produce the most significant allergen in your home. Feeding on shed human and pet skin, they breed and they live in rugs and carpeting, upholstered furniture and bedding.
In about 1 hour and with no special training, you can test to see how much dust mite allergen is present in your home at a fraction of the cost of send-away laboratory tests. Everything you need is conveniently included in the kit. You simply collect a dust sample, conduct the test and read the result. It's a good idea to retest after applying mite control measures.
Our dust mite kit is so simple to use that it provides you with an AT HOME method to test and monitor when you need to apply Dust Mite & Flea Control again. Remember, you DO NOT have to send the Aclotest Dust Mite Detection Kit samples to a laboratory. You wait about an hour and you have the results in hand.
It's an easy, 1, 2, 3 test:
1) Collect a dust sample . . . 2) Perform the test . . . 3) Read the results.
Each Aclotest Dust Mite Detection Kit contains everything you need: a reactive test strip, freeze-dried re-agent tube, distilled water, spoon and instructions. Each kit performs one test.
Buy Dustmite Detection Kits
Dust Mite Trivia
But not so trivial if you or a loved one suffer from allergies.
The dust mite's droppings are one of the most common household allergens and are a proven cause of headaches, runny nose, itchy skin, and puffy eyes among sufferers of asthma, rhinitis, related respiratory problems, and eczema. The slightest movement by people or pets send these particles into the air you breathe to be inhaled or settle on the skin. This is often the trigger for allergic reactions.
Dust Mites are the source of one of the most powerful biological allergens!
Dust Mites create household dust that many filtration systems miss; allergens (feces) measure 2 microns, and their dead carcasses measure 250 microns.
Doctors believe that dust is one of the largest mediums of human infection.
Germs have no means of locomotion except to attach themselves to particles of dust.
A dust mites main food source of food is dead human dead skin flakes and animal dander.
42,000 dust mites can live in only one ounce of dust. 40 pounds of dust is generated per year in 1,500 square feet of space. How big is your home?
Dust hosts 15 species of dust mites
It is estimated that you breathe in 2 heaping teaspoons of air particles per day, including dust
Bedrooms may well be where the largest population of dust mites reside
Dust problems increase due to heat, moisture, and humidity above 70%
Dust accumulation in electrical equipment, computers, air ducts, etc. reduces efficiency and in some cases can damage equipment.
Popular cold water wash cycles have added to the problem of dust mites infestation as cold water does not harm dust mites!
Dust mites are the major cause of household dust. Their excrements (feces, fecal pellets) are one of the most strongly allergenic materials found indoors. Most allergy related problems from dust mites are a direct result from feces and remains as well as other particle matter being inhaled.
Dust mites cannot survive well in an environment with less than 70% relative humidity, nor in an environment without a food supply of dead human or animal skin. Washing your bed linen in HOT water and drying them in the sun is another way to try to control them. Also, keeping the humidity level of your indoor air under 70% will help.